Diet for gastritis suggests a gentle diet designed to reduce inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Depending on the acidity of gastric juice and the degree of the disease, different types of diet are prescribed.
There is a general principle of gastritis diet:
- Fractional nutrition - you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- Food temperatures are moderate - overheating or very cold foods are not allowed;
- Fatty foods are a taboo for all types of diets for gastritis of various etiologies;
- Spicy spices and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited;
- Quit smoking.
Diet for chronic gastritis with high acidity
Diet for chronic gastritis with increased secretion is prescribed, first of all, to normalize the acidity of gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - abdominal pain, heartburn, headache.
Diet is dominated by dishes from boiled vegetables, milk and dairy products, boiled or steamed dishes from meat and fish. Jelly (milk or fruit), oatmeal and rice, whole milk, grated soup have excellent enveloping properties.
Diet for gastritis with high acidity prescribes to avoid the following foods:
- Rye bread, muffins and fresh toast;
- Sorrel, rhubarb, radish, radish, cabbage, cucumber, unripe green fruit;
- Canned food of various kinds;
- Fermented dairy products;
- Beans, pearl barley, wheat barley and millet;
- Fat, bloody flesh.
An example of a diet menu for chronic gastritis with high acid production
Option # 1
- Breakfast: vegetable salad boiled with oil, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: cottage cheese pudding with apples, carrot juice;
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, meat soufflé with pasta, compote;
- Afternoon snacks: milk, biscuit biscuits;
- Dinner: lazy dumplings, tea;
- At night: milk (all day).
Option # 2
- Breakfast: boiled carrots, mashed through a sieve with vegetable oil, food sausage in a natural casing, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: homemade cottage cheese, rosehip broth;
- Lunch: soup with oatmeal, boiled chicken, buckwheat porridge, pear compote;
- Afternoon snack: plum jelly;
- Dinner: protein omelet, rice milk porridge, tea.
Option # 3
- Breakfast: boiled beets seasoned with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea;
- Second breakfast: baked apples with raisins and cottage cheese;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled meat, grated through a sieve, oatmeal, compote;
- Afternoon snacks: milk, croutons;
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
Dietary options for this gastritis are set within the clinical remission period. Diet with exacerbation of gastritis with high acidity is different because all dishes are eaten in pure form. Only small pieces of boiled meat or fish are allowed twice a week.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of a diet for gastritis with secretion reduction is to promote the secretion of gastric juice for complete food assimilation. Dishes must be steamed or boiled, more rarely cooked.
Diet for gastritis with low acidity prohibits the consumption of foods that cause increased fermentation in the stomach:
- Whole milk;
- Yeast and pastry products;
- Canned food;
- Beans, cabbage, grapes, carrots, cucumbers, onions and garlic;
- Fat and smoked products.
Diet menu to worsen gastritis with low acidity
In chronic gastritis with a decrease in secretions during acute exacerbations, you should eat puree in small portions. Foods for atrophic gastritis include mucus soup from cereals, butter, grated cottage cheese, boiled meat, low-fat fish, mashed vegetables and fruits, viscous cereals with milk, boiled eggs, white stale bread, crackers, rosehip infusion.
Diet for acute gastritis with reduced secretion is used for 3-4 weeks, and then replaced with a broader food ration. Foods for gastritis in remission consist of a variety of cereals, steamed dishes of meat and fish, cereal soups in meat soups. Pieces of fish, meatballs, pieces of meat fried without bread are allowed.
Observing the diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat dairy products (especially kefir), cheese, various dishes from cottage cheese (pudding, soufflés, casserole), jelly from berries and fruits, mousses.
Sample diet menu for gastritis with low secretions for one day:
- Breakfast: steamed beef balls, tea;
- Lunch: pearl barley soup in meat broth, pieces of fried meat without bread, mashed potatoes, apple jelly;
- Afternoon snacks: tea, crackers;
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole, pure milk oatmeal porridge, tea;
- For the night: kefir or fruit jelly and berries.
Diet with exacerbation of gastritis coupled with the appointment of fruit and vegetable juices, vitamin complexes.
Diet for erosive gastritis
In the diet for erosive gastritis, soup with a slimy consistency is in the first place. They have excellent enveloping properties, which are in dire need of eroded stomach walls. In the diet menu for erosive gastritis, porridge made from rice, buckwheat, oatmeal in milk or cream (preferably), with the addition of butter, must be available. Steamed meat dishes (pieces of meat, meatballs), boiled eggs, homemade non-acidic cottage cheese, jelly and compote are mandatory in the diet.
Need on the diet menu for acute gastritis with erosion to introduce melted mashed potatoes, as well as juice from raw potatoes (once a day). This vegetable has an excellent wound healing effect, moreover, it can completely relieve pain.
The list of prohibited foods in the diet for gastritis with erosion includes: canned foods, fatty and fried foods, yeast dough pastries, fresh fruits with sour taste and juice from them. In the diet for erosive acute gastritis, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, juice from any fruit.